You’re losing out on a keto egg loaf if you haven’t heard about it! It can be made for breakfast, lunch, or dinner as a quick, satisfying meal. Spice it right up, and you can make it into French toast with keto as well! To make this wonderful egg loaf, all you need is three or four ingredients.
How to make keto egg loaf
We’ve got you covered if you want to make a tasty breakfast that will last all week. Step by step, we will break down how to make a keto egg loaf and some tips below to make the best keto egg loaf. It generates 8 servings (calories 281, and only 2g carbs apiece).
What are your requirements:
Other than a few essential tools, you don’t need anything for this keto egg loaf recipe. Recipes like this, luckily, make the keto diet super simple and delicious!
- Brownie Pan(8×8) – This will be the most critical method so that the recipe for keto egg loaf can be cooked. Use an 8/4 loaf pan if you like the conventional loaf form; it will take longer to bake. Make sure that the loaf pan you use is adequately greased.
- A blender or food processor – If you don’t need a food processor, you can opt for a blender. For the keto egg loaf recipe, this may help to make the most consistent batter. If you don’t have a blender, you can use a hand mixer or stand mixer instead, but it will still be chunky.
There are very few resources needed to produce this keto recipe, which is one of the reasons we enjoy it so much. It’s simple to cook, easy to clean, and tastes delicious!
*Pro-tip – Would you like an even faster cleanup? To avoid sticking without thinking about the pan being dirty, cover the baking pan with parchment paper. The heat tolerance of parchment paper is typically up to 400 degrees. To guarantee that it’s oven secure, check the sticker on your parchment paper.
The nutritional facts are specifically related to the ingredients you use in your keto egg loaf recipe. Although there are just a few ingredients, we found out that the carbs in cream cheese can differ significantly, depending on the brand. Be sure that you read your ingredients’ label in advance to know the amount of your specific net carbs.
- 8 tbsp butter – Butter helps to keep this keto egg loaf full and rich. The butter has about 100 calories and 14 g of fat per tablespoon. All this fat will keep you satisfied longer than if you eat the same amount of calories in your carbohydrates. For this recipe, we prefer room temp for melted butter because it blends evenly.
- 8 oz cream cheese softened – Cream cheese can vary quite a bit in carb counts, similar to what we stated above, so it is essential to look at the various choices in your grocery store and read the label. Look for one with the fewest available ingredients, and that’s usually the one with the lowest carb count.
- 8 big eggs – Without the eggs, it would not be a keto egg loaf recipe!
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon – This is what makes the recipe taste like French toast. To use cinnamon, add it to the base and sprinkle some on top before finishing the recipe.
- 1/4 tbsp ground nutmeg – Nutmeg is sugar-free and very low in carbohydrates. The quantity we use in the carb count will be negligible, but it adds many flavors.
- Sugar-free syrup – Optional but strongly recommended is sugar-free syrup. This egg loaf keto french toast is made in seconds with sugar-free syrup.
In this recipe, we decided not to use coconut flour or baking powder because adding coconut flour could make the recipe too dry, and baking powder could take away the taste of the dense French toast. For you, what that means is less effort, fewer ingredients, and quicker cooking!
Once you add all the ingredients, it’s time to start baking. This recipe has a total duration of 35 minutes and just 2 carbs in total. You will need a little time and patience to create keto-friendly recipes. Let’s start now!
1) Preheat your oven to 350°F and use a coconut oil spray to grease a brownie or loaf tray. Instead, you can also cover the pan with parchment paper.
2) In a mixer, combine all the ingredients and mix until consistent and smooth. You want to make sure that the eggs, cream cheese, and butter are softened for an even mixture.
3) If needed, dump the batter into your brownie/ loaf pan and sprinkle extra cinnamon on top. If you prefer a spicy egg toast, we suggest a little extra cinnamon.
4) Bake for 25-30 minutes. It’s going to bubble up naturally; therefore, there is no need for baking powder. However, it will fall once you take it out of the oven and cool for a few minutes.
5) Let it cool in the loaf/bread pan for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Remove from the pan and slice once it’s frigid. Cover it with your favorite ingredients for French toast, or eat it plain!
6) Better contained in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Tips on how to make the perfect Keto Egg Loaf:
To keep it as easy and tasty as possible each time, we have gathered some of the best tips for the perfect keto egg loaf.
Keep the ingredients at room temperature
This move is necessary because you don’t want your whole loaf to have clumps of cream cheese. Be sure that the ingredients are at room temperature, ensuring a smooth, uniform consistency! In case you forgot to put on your butter and cream cheese on the loaves, you can pop them in the microwave for a couple of minutes at a low level of heat. You should also place your eggs in some warm water to quickly get them up to room temperature.
Ramping up the spices
This recipe for keto egg loaf is super easy and could be full of fun. There are some add-ins that we love:
- Chocolate chips – The perfect way to present your childhood French toast with chocolate
- Blueberries – Blueberries add a new blueberry pancake feel to the egg loaf. Just remember to bake it a little longer as there is a lot of moisture in the blueberries.
- Peanut Butter – Swirl some runny peanut butter for an egg loaf swirl before baking.
These are some of our favorite blends of flavors, but feel free to have fun and make your own next time. You might even add herbs, nuts, beans, or anything you fancy!
Making of Keto Egg Loaf French Toast
This keto loaf is very similar to French toast. Slice a few pieces and cook them over medium heat in a buttered skillet to make the loaf much more authentic. You want to turn the pale sides golden, and then you know it’s ready. Cover with sugar-free syrup and keto ice cream!
Bake and Roast
As far as phases go, there is not much to this recipe. The ingredients are small, and the preparation takes very little time. Just remember that all you need to do is bake and serve after you have moved the batter to a tray! One thing to remember is that when baked, a keto-friendly egg loaf will grow but will not remain puffy until pulled out and partially cooled. The egg loaf is creamy and thick.
Want an easy meal? Try the keto egg loaf
We look for simple meals that don’t take a real think and enjoy everyone in the home. This recipe for an egg loaf is precisely that. You still have milk, butter, and cream cheese in the fridge, so break them out after a hard day’s work for a fast meal. You can also dress it up with assorted spices and fillings like nuts and chocolate chips, so you never get sick of it. Plus, you can also make a keto egg loaf recipe that tastes like French toast using our notes!
Keto Egg Loaf Recipe – A Quick Guide
- 8x8 Brownie Pan
- 8 tbsp butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tbsp ground nutmeg
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F. Then grease your brownie pan with coconut oil.
- Proceed to add the ingredients into a blender and keep blending until they are smooth inconsistency.
- Pour the batter into your brownie pan and sprinkle some cinnamon on top as per your needs.
- Bake the batter for 25-30 minutes. The baking process will result in puffing up the batter. But once it’s brought out of the oven and cooled, it will fall off.
- Make sure to let it rest and cool for 5-10 minutes before you slice and serve.
- It can be best stored for up to 5 days in a refrigerator in an airtight container.
If you like this egg loaf recipe preparation, then provide your comments below in the comment section.
Do you think of following us on Pinterest? Check out the latest pins here.